Saturday, June 5, 2010

Slate Board Craft!

I was recently called to be on the Relief Society Activities Planning Committee for my ward at church.  I was asked to come up with a fun and easy craft we can do at our next activity.  I searched the internet and came across this super easy but awesome patriotic craft.  I bought a slate board from a local craft store for $1.99, and some acrylic paint.  I started by putting a layer of clear laquar on the wood frame, then painted an American flag on the slate itself, and then finished it off by writing a patriotic word on each side using a permanent marker adding a little extra swirl to tie it all together.  This craft took a total of 20 minutes and at the most $3.00 to make. It came out good and I am quite proud of it!  Something I can display all summer!
BEFORE

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment