Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tick!

Yesterday (thursday) our family including the dog, went hiking on Scout Mountain near our home and then afterwards, the younger boys slept in the backyard in a tent with our dog Max. We did not even think about checking everyone for ticks! Well...Around 10 pm tonight (friday), Justice was taking a shower.  All of a sudden I hear this high pitched scream and then "Uhhhh MOM!?! There's a black bug on my balls and it won't come off! I went in there and sure enough he had a tick that had embedded itself on his balls! I had him get out and lay on the couch and I tried for several minutes, with several techniques including a match, to get it off but it would not budge!  So, off to the ER we went!  After waiting for almost 2 hours, the doc finally came in and removed the tick!  Afterwards, Justice said "Hum, it looks like a little crab!"  The doc, male nurse, and I all cracked up so hard and the doc said "Your mom will talk to about that in a few years!"  Hilarious!


While we were waiting a teen boy, about 17, came in by ambulance and was wheeled into the waiting room in a wheelchair bleeding, shaking, and crying.  His friend was immediately taken to the trauma unit. All the kid said was that they were long boarding and that whatever they did it was the stupidest thing he has ever done.  I have no idea what actually happened. I asked if he was okay and he just crumpled in tears so I went and half held him (he was bleeding) because at that moment he needed a mom!  He was hurting, scared, and alone and immediately calmed down once I comforted him.  I feel like I was there to be there for him! God works in mysterious ways sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment